Die Open-Source Virtualisierungslösung oVirt, wurde vor kurzem in der Version 4.5.3 freigegeben. oVirt selbst ist eine Alternative für VMWare und vSphere und ermöglicht das Managment von KVM Virtualisierung in Multi-Node-Umgebungen.
What’s New in 4.5.3?
- BZ 2089434 [RFE] RFE to allow enabling ZEROCOPY live migrationThe feature is described on its feature page: https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/virt/zerocopy-migrations.htmlNote that the feature is not intended for common use, only for large VMs (>1 TB RAM) when the user is willing to accept the risk implied by the fact it is a new feature. The scope of support is waiting for clarification.
- BZ 2125290 LVM devices file is not created if the hypervisor is installed without LVM
- BZ 2094576 Sub optimal block storage allocation for small volumes from OCP
oVirt Ansible Collection
- BZ 2125658 Hosted Engine deployed with static IPv6 address leaves autoconfiguration enabled
oVirt Engine UI Extensions
- BZ 2100194 Cannot export VM to another data domain. “o.original_template is undefined”
No Doc Update
oVirt Engine Data Warehouse
- BZ 2122174 engine-setup on separate DWH machine fails: Failed to execute stage ‘Closing up’: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘open_sftp_client’
Keycloak SSO setup for oVirt Engine
- BZ 2120602 engine-setup always sets the engine admin password to be the keycloak admin password
- BZ 2089299 Remove dependency on apache-commons-configurationovirt-engine-4.5.3 and newer no longer depends on apache-commons-configuration package
oVirt Ansible Collection
- BZ 2132386 Fix to RHEL 8.6 EUS channel when installing oVirt 4.5 Manager or hypervisors using repositories roleoVirt 4.5 is supported only on RHEL 8.6 EUS, so when performing oVirt Engine or hypervisor installation we need to fix RHEL version to 8.6 and subscribe also RHEL EUS channels if they are available
oVirt Web UI
- BZ 1886211 [RFE] Show last events for user VMsFeature: Lock the snapshot during a restore operation and display a notification after a successful snapshot restore.Reason: The restore operation status was not reflected in the vm portal ui -no snapshot locking was supported during the operation and no event for a successful restoring was displayed.Result: Now the user can see when the restore snapshot operation is ended and if it was succeeded or failed.
- BZ 1705338 Ghost OVFs are written when using floating SD to migrate VMs between 2 oVirt environments.
- BZ 1968433 [DR] Failover / Failback HA VM Fails to be started due to ‘VM XXX is being imported’
- BZ 1974535 Virtual Machine with lease fails to run on DR failover
- BZ 1983567 Disk is missing after importing VM from Storage Domain that was detached from another DC.
- BZ 2123141 Unable to switch oVirt host into maintenance mode as there are image transfer in progress
- BZ 2113980 engine-setup on a separate machine fails with: ‘Plugin’ object has no attribute ‘_remote_engine’
- BZ 1565183 Snapshot creation with memory fails on permission validation
- BZ 1721455 Cannot use ISO from data domain in VM Import
- BZ 1836318 oVirt engine is reporting a delete disk with wipe as completing successfully when it actually fails from a timeout.Previously, when failing to wipe the content of the disk during disk removal, the operation completed successfully with no indication of the wipe operation being timed out.Now, when failing to wipe the content of the disk then the disk removal fails, the disk is set with ILLEGAL status and an audit log that describe the failure is created.
- BZ 1912067 [RENAME] openssl qemu-ca conf files not handled well
- BZ 1929376 Warn when creating clone or template from snapshot with memory
- BZ 1990231 Setting a host to maintenance shouldn’t be blocked when having ‘active’ image transfer
- BZ 2013697 [REST API] Incorrect disk_snapshot parent href in api/disks/xxx/disksnapshots
- BZ 2035559 oVirt 4.4.9 – error setting Cluster Compatibility Version to 4.6
- BZ 2092816 Unable to enable maintenance mode for host due to “image transfer in progress” which is not the case.
- BZ 2106893 remote-viewer.exe Failed to complete handshake Error in the pull function
- BZ 2107590 StartVmBackupCommand gets removed by running engine-setup
- BZ 2108182 Actual disk size is bigger when converting block disk from raw_Preallocated to cow_sparse
- BZ 2110186 Restart of ovirt-engine while LSM is running causes LSM to get stuck
- BZ 2114020 oVirt vGPU placement policy for separated not working
- BZ 2116309 Fails to LSM a disk although there is enough space on the target SD
- BZ 2120040 Missing execution job message for ReduceImage
- BZ 2120228 ISO broken after upload via Browser.
- BZ 2121083 Error changing cluster with default template
- BZ 2123008 engine qemu-nbd lock virtual disk even with process failed
No Doc Update
- BZ 1983401 Windows mark doesn’t refresh as expected
- BZ 2005978 ovirt-engine uses %add_maven_depmap macro which has been removed
- BZ 2078189 Change an error returned when running together resize policy VM with the dedicated VM
- BZ 2110351 Can not create VM from template and delete template.
- BZ 2118672 Use rpm instead of auto in package_facts ansible module to prevent mistakes of determining the correct package manager inside package_facts module
- BZ 2120066 Branding package build fail on system with country and language different from US and English.
- BZ 2120381 [ovirt-guest-agent] Virtual Machines inconsistently marked with “The latest guest agent needs to be installed and running on the guest” warning
- BZ 2126483 Setup on a separate machine fails in FIPS mode
- BZ 2116119 Add support for vdsm to use nmstate for bridge options
- BZ 2120566 ok_to_renew_cert missing error when upgrading DWH using engine-setup