Die Open-Source Virtualisierungslösung oVirt, wurde in der Version 4.2.8 freigegeben. oVirt selbst ist eine Alternative für VMWare und vSphere und ermöglicht das Managment von KVM Virtualisierung in Multi-Node-Umgebungen.
oVirt 4.2.8 Release Notes
- BZ 1651227 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Require Ansible 2.7.2+
Ansible 2.7.2 or higher is required to run oVirt Ansible roles.
- BZ 1659650 Periodically check existing data centers and raise alert that 3.6/4.0 data center levels are not supported in RHV 4.3
Red Hat Virtualization 4.3 no longer supports the 3.6 and 4.0 data centers and cluster levels. This fix adds a service that runs weekly to evaluate existing data centers and raises an alert to audit the inability to upgrade to 4.3 if the data center is compatible with either versions 3.6, 4.0, or both versions.
- BZ 1648624 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] [RFE] – Certify ODL via Neutron API with external OSP 13 provider on RHV 4.2.z
This release supports neutron from Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 configured to use OpenDaylight as an external network provider on RHV 4.2.z with the same port status limitation described in BZ#1630861.
- BZ 1630861 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] [RFE] – Certify OVN from OSP 13 via Neutron API with external OSP provider on RHV 4.2.z
Neutron from Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 configured to use Open Virtual Network can be used as an external network provider on Red Hat Virtualization 4.2.8 with one limitation.
If a VM with a vNIC on an external network provided by Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 neutron with OVN Modular Layer 2 plugin migrates to another host, the port status displays as ‘down’ despite the port working properly.
- BZ 1649267 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] [RHEL76] libvirt is unable to start after upgrade due to malformed UTCTIME values in cacert.pem, because properly renewed CA certificate was not passed to hosts by executing “Enroll certificate” or “Reinstall”
Internal CAs generated in the past (<= 3.5) can contain UTCTIME values without timezone indication and this is not acceptable anymore with up to date openssl and gnutls libraries.
engine-setup was already checking it proposing a remediation but the user can postpone it, making it more evident since now postponing can cause serious issues.
- BZ 1639460 [RFE] inter-mac-pool or intra-mac-pool overlapping ranges: warn if found
This release supports a new WARN message in the Red Hat Virtualization Manager log on startup if overlapping ranges are found within a MAC pool or between MAC pools. Each warning details the outcome as applicable.
- BZ 1663632 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] [RFE] allow to create vm from blank template when datacenter is enforcing quota
- BZ 1477599 [RFE] [UI+REST][Hosts>Network Interfaces] – Add indication that setup network operation is currently running on the host and not finished yet
Feature: As long as setup networks has not completed on a host, an indication of ‘updating’ is displayed in the webadmin. see comment #5
- BZ 1598447 Provide a tool to find changed config values
In previous versions there was no easy way how administrators could found out, which changes they have made to options exposed via engine-config tool, which could cause them issues after performing y-stream upgrades (for example 4.1 -> 4.2).
We have added option -d/–diff to engine-config tool which will display administrators all differences between their current option values and default value provided by engine.
The differences are displayed using following format:
$ engine-config –diff
- BZ 1592990 Cannot set number of IO threads via the UI
The number of IO threads can be set in the web UI in the new/edit VM dialog.
Some users may need to set the number of IO threads and using web UI can be easier than REST API.
- BZ 1651649 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Cannot set number of IO threads via the UI
This release allows the number of I/O threads to be set in the web user interface VM dialog. This enhancement complements the existing REST API to set the number of I/O threads, allowing users the option to use either the REST API or the web user interface to set the number of I/O threads.
oVirt Engine Metrics
- BZ 1645515 [RFE] Add ansible-inventory file required for OCP/Origin 3.11 to metrics store machine
Rebase: Bug Fixeses and Enhancements
- BZ 1655027 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] RemoveVmCommand doesn’t log the user
- BZ 1662923 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Old ‘Intel Haswell Family-IBRS’ cluster CPU type not renamed during the upgrade
Previous Red Hat Virtualization installations of 3.6 ELS and 4.1 introduced “Intel Haswell Family-IBRS” Cluster CPU type for Meltdown/Spectre mitigations. Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 refers to this CPU type as “Intel Haswell IBRS Family.” This release updates the CPU type name and the previous name updates automatically on upgrade.
- BZ 1526025 VM configured with resume_behavior=’AUTO_RESUME’ is not resumed if it was previously manually attempted for resume
oVirt Hosted Engine HA
- BZ 1659096 [downstream
clone – 4.2.8] Hosted-Engine VM failed to start mixing
ovirt-hosted-engine-setup from 4.1 with ovirt-hosted-engine-ha from 4.2
- BZ 1658054 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Removing a non-HE Host recommends user to undeploy HostedEngine on it first
- BZ 1662921 [downstream
clone – 4.2.8] After increase of ClusterCompatibilityVersion, an
additional API-change will persist CustomerCompatibilityVersion to
previous ClusterCompatibility Version
- BZ 1659960 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] After upgrade to 4.2, admin portal host interface view does not load
- BZ 1647025 [downstream
clone – 4.2.8] RESTAPI listing diskprofiles only shows 1 href for the
same QoS even if there are more domains with the same QoS
- BZ 1648625 Removal of one of the snapshot memory disks (memory / metadata) will cause a failure to create/update storage domain OVF
- BZ 1655659 Engine failed to retrieve images list from ISO domain.
- BZ 1646992 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Move Disk dialog keeps spinning – API method works
- BZ 1658514 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Clone VM with Direct LUN fails on UI but succeeds on backend.
oVirt Engine Metrics
- BZ 1620595 Update README files to use etc/ovirt-engine-metrics/config.yml.d/ to update variables
- BZ 1658053 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Failed to start OpenSSH server daemon
- BZ 1649658 RHV-H upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 will fail with error “not writing through dangling symlink” if server is registered to insight
- BZ 1655489 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] RHVH enters emergency mode when updated to the latest version and rebooted twice
- BZ 1652940 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] NTP config is migrated to chrony on every upgrade
- BZ 1654147 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] [upgrade] Post upgrade, new options are not available in virt profile
- BZ 1632759 Guest agent info is not reported with latest vdsm
- BZ 1656815 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] vdsm fails with Invalid index metadata (invalid magic: 0) when trying to add a VM lease
- BZ 1651552 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] vdsm-client has missing dependecy to PyYAML
- BZ 1637549 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Exception on unsetPortMirroring makes vmDestroy fail.
- BZ 1612917 Adding an IP address to a logical network wipes IP on other logical network
- BZ 1647388 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Power on on already powered on host sets VMs as down and results in split-brain
- BZ 1647384 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] During cold reboot treatment, RunVm did not run for some VMs
- BZ 1585950 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Live Merge failed on engine with “still in volume chain”, but merge on host was successful
- BZ 1646417 Can’t restore snapshot with disks as user
- BZ 1639618 UI Exception observed while syncing geo-rep session from RHVM UI
- BZ 1660529 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] LSM encountered WELD-000049 exception and never issued live merge
- BZ 1660055 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Incorrect behavior of IOThreads text box in edit VM dialog
- BZ 1641622 link for cluster’s networkfilters returns 404
- BZ 1635844 Initialization does overwrite host sshkeys
- BZ 1662669 Can’t log in to engine UI with: JBWEB004038: An exception occurred processing JSP page /WEB-INF/login.jsp at line 41
- BZ 1631215 Upgrade of hosts causes no warning/error/change of status when running VMs are pinned to hosts
- BZ 1658589 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Engine sent duplicate SnapshotVDSCommand, causing data corruption
- BZ 1640225 Failed to migrate VM disk: unsupported configuration: nothing selected for snapshot
- BZ 1658095 [core performance enhancement] – number of db calls on update of logical networks’ status too large
- BZ 1658117 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] GetAllVmStatsVDSCommand sent host to Not-Responding status after upgrade
- BZ 1655087 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Command entities left in ACTIVE state after HostUpgradeCheckCommand
- BZ 1649615 [downstream clone] engine fails to imports external VMs
- BZ 1639650 Hosted Engine VM is selected for balancing even though the BalanceVM command is not enabled for HE
- BZ 1657764 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Updating template of VM Pool leaves tasks stuck after VMs shutdown
- BZ 1651132 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Managing tags fails with ConcurrentModificationException
- BZ 1506547 Provisioning discovered host from oVirt via Foreman doesn’t work
- BZ 1641326 NPE while querying for an ancestor image with no entry on ‘images’ table
- BZ 1637818 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] engine-vacuum fails with ‘vacuumdb: command not found’
- BZ 1635196 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] Pool does not appear for user in group until refresh
- BZ 1639742 After importing KVM VM, removing the VM and re-importing, the re-importing fails
oVirt Ansible cluster upgrade role
- BZ 1632257 [ansible-playbook cluster-upgrade] Hosts upgrade resets the scheduling policy values
oVirt Cockpit Plugin
- BZ 1651516 Installation hangs/fails late when SSH host keys are not in ~/.ssh/known_hosts
- BZ 1640063 Remove RAID 10 under Raid Type from Cockpit UI
- BZ 1626501 Stripe size and data disk count should be hidden, if JBOD disk type is chosen
- BZ 1649655 [cockpit] Editing the generated gdeploy configuration file doesn’t have effect on deployment
- BZ 1630689 Provide checkbox in Host wizard if user has same host/ip for FQDN to auto add 2nd and 3rd hosts
- BZ 1643621 Please correct “fiber channel” as “fibre channel”
- BZ 1638629 [RHHI] The gdeployConf file isn’t visible untill the reload button is pressed in Single node Deployment
- BZ 1640071 Gluster Deployment – Step 4 | Logical Size(GB) – Incorrect Tool Tip
- BZ 1638679 Auto add the device name under the LV Cache column for 2nd and 3rd host
- BZ 1638636 The default option “backup-volfile-servers” under Storage tab needs to be removed for single node HE deployment
No Doc Update
- BZ 1661876 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] No exclamation icon when bond with an LACP is misconfigured
- BZ 1651521 [downstream clone – 4.2.8] [RFE] provide a sorted list of available boot-iso in “run once” dialog for virtual machines