Der kostenlose Mailclient für Windows, MacOS und Linux, Thunderbird, erhielt das Update 102.3.0. Das Update behebt 16 Fehler und schließt 7 Sicherheitslücken.
Thunderbird 102.3.0 Security Notes
During iframe navigation, certain pages did not have their FeaturePolicy fully initialized leading to a bypass that leaked device permissions into untrusted subdocuments.
Concurrent use of the URL parser with non-UTF-8 data was not thread-safe. This could lead to a use-after-free causing a potentially exploitable crash.
ReporterAxel Chong (@Haxatron)Impactmoderate
By injecting a cookie with certain special characters, an attacker on a shared subdomain which is not a secure context could set and thus overwrite cookies from a secure context, leading to session fixation and other attacks.
When injecting an HTML base element, some requests would ignore the CSP’s base-uri settings and accept the injected element’s base instead.
Inconsistent data in instruction and data cache when creating wasm code could lead to a potentially exploitable crash.
This bug only affects Thunderbird on ARM64 platforms.
ReporterKoh M. NakagawaImpactlow
When saving or opening an email attachment on macOS, Thunderbird did not set attribute com.apple.quarantine on the received file. If the received file was an application and the user attempted to open it, then the application was started immediately without asking the user to confirm.
ReporterMozilla developers and communityImpacthigh
Mozilla developers Nika Layzell, Timothy Nikkel, Jeff Muizelaar, Sebastian Hengst, Andreas Pehrson, and the Mozilla Fuzzing Team reported memory safety bugs present in Thunderbird 102.2. Some of these bugs showed evidence of memory corruption and we presume that with enough effort some of these could have been exploited to run arbitrary code.
Thunderbird 102.3.0 Release Notes
- Thunderbird startup performance improvements
- Saving email source and images failed
- Error message was shown repeatedly when temporary disk space was full
- Attaching OpenPGP keys without a set size to non-encrypted messages briefly displayed a size of zero bytes
- Global Search entry box initially contained “undefined”
- Delete from POP Server mail filter rule intermittently failed to trigger
- Connections to POP3 servers without UIDL support failed
- Pop accounts with “Fetch headers only” set downloaded complete messages if server did not advertise TOP capability
- “File -> New -> Address Book Contact” from Compose window did not work
- Attach “My vCard” option in compose window was not available
- Improved performance of matching a contact to an email address
- Address book only recognized a contact’s first two email addresses
- Address book search and autocomplete failed if a contact vCard could not be parsed
- Downloading NNTP messages for offline use failed
- NNTP client became stuck when connecting to Public-Inbox servers
- Various visual and UX improvements