Mit dem Client Update behebt Valve einige Fehler seiner Spieleplattform Steam.
Mehr Details zum Clientupdate findet ihr im Update-Log:
- Fixed rare client hang when downloading additional game content
- Fixed a bug that could cause cloud sync to break when an application is permitted to use over 2GB of cloud storage
- Fixed an issue where video series could appear improperly in the Recently Played jump list
- Fixed compatibility issues with some upcoming Vulkan games
- Videos that are part of a Series (e.g. CS:GO Player Profiles, PAYDAY Web Series, etc.) will automatically be categorized together in the Video Library.
- Fixed an issue causing horizontal blockiness in some windowed games and when running Big Picture on a screen wider than 16:9
- DirectX 12 titles in multi-GPU configurations are now supported by the overlay
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent the overlay from drawing in certain games
- Added support for Controller Activators
- Activators sit between inputs (like a button) and outputs (like a keypress) and allow for a variety of new behaviors and functionality
- Current activators include Normal Press, Long Press, Double Press, Start Press, Release Press, etc.
- Activators have their own settings, so they can each have haptics, delays, toggles, cycle bindings, turbo, etc.
- There is no limit to the number of activators on an input, so a single button can have a normal press, a double press, multiple long presses of different durations, etc. each of which execute independently and fire off their own bindings with their own settings.
- Mode shifts are also activator based, so mode shifts can now toggle or have special functionality like only on Long Press.
- Internal file format has been reorganized due to these changes, so new configurations are not backwards compatible. Any changes made to an existing configuration will not work in previous builds
- All existing configurations are converted into the new format and carry over the appropriate settings and bindings
- Added the ability to copy and existing Action Set into a new Action Set when creating one. You now have a dropdown of all existing action sets to copy from on create.
- Fix for zombie controllers when resuming from suspend with a dongle in a suspend-powered USB port.
- Gyro optimizations which in certain cases reduce latency.
- Fixed footer showing toggle game actions button when using action sets on legacy configurations.
- Fixed Action Sets being visible and selectable at the top of the UI while in binding/activator editing modes.
- Fixed Gyro Mode Button being visible and selectable while editing other modes.
- Fixed Footer not appearing in the desktop configurator.
- Fixed Controller Beep potentially browning out in low battery situations.
- Fix for register controller dialog only showing up in the main Steam window and not the overlay if you turn on a new controller while in-game.
- Added a “None” option for trackball and scrollwheel friction. Essentially this makes it continue its momentum forever.
- Added a Custom Curve option for Joystick and Trigger Response Curves. Allows the stick/trigger response to be tuned to a higher degree.
- Added Curve Visualization for Joystick and Trigger response Curves.
- Fixed activators not showing up properly within mode shifts.
- Fix for haptic settings not being inherited properly when converting previous format to new format.
- Changed default Regular Press haptic setting to off by default.
- Fixed activators not going back to advanced mode properties when cancelled within an advanced mode property binding.
- Fix for multiple activators with multiple descriptions on a single input not appearing properly in the UI.
- Fixed an issue where switch bindings (bumpers, start/back, etc) would not work properly in some configurations
- Fixed Start/Select/Bumpers/Grips not working properly with certain configurations.
- Fixed Mode-Shifts not being set properly in extended action sets.
- Fixed Activator settings not sticking when no other settings were altered.
- Fixed showing the “Show Activators” button while already inside an activator binding.
- Fix for Euro Truck Simulator 2 not allowing action sets.
- Added Start and Select to the available Mode-Shift buttons.
- Fixed changes to sliders in activators not applying if no other settings were changed.
- Fix for Big Picture overlay being destroyed when exiting the overlay via the Steam Button in a Shortcut.
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes happen when closing the configurator in desktop mode.
- Fix for certain mode shift buttons not always being converted over from the old format correctly.
- Fix for haptics settings not being correctly converted from modes to activators in all cases.
- Fix for crash when trying to update the Steam Controller configurator controls while in the midst of rebuilding the UI.
- Fix for crash when Big Picture would try to reinitialize twice in rapid succession.
- Fixed crash when launching VR titles via desktop shortcuts
- Added notification for when a screenshot is taken while in VR.
- Fix for selecting the proper graphics adapter in multi-gpu setups.
- Added support for overriding the application that launches to host Desktop Game Theater.
- Improved compatibility with newer Linux distributions