Die kostenfrei Software zur Verwaltung von Passwörtern, KeePass, wurde in der Version 2.40 veröffentlicht. Das Update führt 19 Verbesserungen und 12 neue Features ein.
KeePass Changes from 2.39.1 to 2.40
- Added automatic completion support for the user name box in the entry editing dialog and the auto-type sequence boxes in the entry/group editing dialogs (suggesting user names and auto-type sequences that are used in other entries/groups).
- Added automatic completion support for the URL and user name boxes in the ‘Open From URL‘ dialog (suggesting URLs and user names of items in the list of most recently used database files).
- Added option ‘Group path’ in the ‘Find’ dialog (enabled by default for quick searches).
- Added read-only mode for the entry string dialog, which is used by the entry dialog when viewing a history entry.
- The internal data viewer now supports zooming images using Ctrl+Add, Ctrl+Subtract and the mouse wheel with Ctrl; furthermore, there are now ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons right of the zoom selection box in the toolbar.
- Added option ‘Remember master password (in encrypted form) of a database while it is open’ (which is the default; turning off this option prevents the usage of certain features).
- Enhanced compatibility check for DLL plugins.
- Added URL opening event for plugins.
- On Unix-like systems: added support for opening the local help file with KChmViewer.
- Added workaround for initial input focus problem in the master key prompt dialog.
- Added workaround for Mono not always raising the
- TrlUtil now remembers the last translation file directory.
- The ‘Configure Columns’ dialog now computes a display order for the new columns, taking the previous display order into account.
- While importing/synchronizing, no status dialog is displayed anymore (the status is displayed in the main window).
- Improved UI responsiveness during long operations.
- When hiding/restoring the main window via the system tray icon fails, KeePass now shows a notification.
- Improved Return key handling in text boxes.
- Improved initial input focus in some dialogs.
- Enhanced database file path unification.
- The configuration system does not create a KeePass folder in the user’s application data folder anymore when the target configuration file location is outside this folder.
- Improved window text query method.
- Improved Unicode environment detection.
- Various improvements for right-to-left writing systems.
- Improved support for case-sensitive command line parameter names (for plugins and KPScript).
- If a plugin is available both as a DLL and as a PLGX (in the same folder), KeePass now loads either the DLL or the PLGX.
- For plugins: most public definitions are now static.
- KPScript: improved parsing of escape sequences.
- Renamed native support library item in the installer.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
KeePass Download: https://keepass.info/download.html